- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Baby Gifts
- Back To School
- Bereavement & Memorial
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Dove Awards Nominees
- First Communion & Confirmation
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- Ministry Appreciation
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Resources for Love & Hope
- Wedding & Marriage
An untold story never heals.We all experience hurt and trauma, but how do we respond when someone tells us her story of pain? How do we heal from our own pasts in order to help with the healing of others? How do we locate and build safe spaces? In this 7-session Bible study, trace biblical truths of healing through stories of real women in Scripture. Learn how to come alongside others in restoration, becoming good shepherds and good Samaritans. Deepen your discipleship and grow in Christ while discovering that we heal better together. Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book with personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions and leader guide to lead discussion within small groups
- One copy of We Too: How the Church Can Respond Redemptively to the Sexual Abuse Crisis paperback from Mary DeMuth
- DVDs with enriching teaching videos, approximately 15-20 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos, Wordsearch digital library, and extra leader resources
- Learn how to heal from past hurts as well as how to help others on the path to healing.
- Deepen your relationship with our great, empathetic Savior.
- Discover how the Bible speaks to our stories and our pain.
- Become a proactive leader in your church on the front lines of one of the greatest issues of our time.
- Session 1: Biblical Foundations of Loving the Broken (20:36)--Mary tells her story of trauma and healing. She gives biblical principles for healing and helping others to heal.
- Session 2: The Problem with Pits (18:42)--In this session, Mary discusses different pits we may find ourselves trapped in. She looks at lessons we can learn from stories of people in the Bible who were in pits--literally and figuratively. We can find comfort in knowing that Jesus will climb into the pit with us--He is the God who understands.
- Session 3: The Tool That Brings Healing (20:15)--Mary discusses a pathway to healing by looking closely at Isaiah 43:16-21. We must look at what Scripture says about us in order to counter lies about our own identities.
- Session 4: The Importance of Community (20:15)--Isolation, while often tempting in the aftermath of trauma, is not the plan God has for us for healing. In this session, Mary looks at how God has called us back into relationship for our own healing. Healing is not passive and is often done in relationship with others.
- Session 5: The Secret of Joy (20:07)--In this session, Mary unpacks the lament psalms and looks at how writing our own biblical laments can aid in our healing. For believers, grief and joy go hand-in-hand; God uses both to work for our good.
- Session 6: The Beauty of Friendship (20:07)--The Christian life is a "with" life. We are called to be friends for others. As we heal from trauma and help others do the same, we need to live out the "one another" passages in Scripture.
- Session 7: The Superpower of Weakness (20:29)--In our weaknesses, God gets the glory. He comforts us so that we can comfort others. In this final session, Mary encourages us to tell our stories, to expose our weaknesses so that Christ can be known and God can comfort us.
More Product Information
- Producer: Lifeway Church Resources
- ISBN: 1087705967
- ISBN-13: 9781087705965
- UPC: 634337975146
- SKU: 9781087705965
- Release Date: June 1, 2020
- Pages: 176
- Format: Boxed Materials/Kit
- Language: English
- Vendor Code: 005824847