- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Back To School
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
Being a parent is challenging enough. Being a single parent can seem downright impossible--until now. Drawing on material from his successful "Single Parenting That Works" curriculum guide and video series, America's favorite parenting expert, Dr. Kevin Leman, brings help and hope to the legions of single parents struggling to raise happy, healthy, well-adjusted children in a loving, caring and biblically grounded way. Using his trademark quirky, no-nonsense approach, Dr. Leman shows parents how to build healthy, mature relationships with their former spouses, how to develop their children's self-esteem, and how to discipline and relate to their kids in accordance with their unique God-given personalities.
- Building stability for your children by getting your own life in order.
- How forgiveness opens the door to healthy relationships
- Learning to deal with your " ex" with an olive branch rather than a hammer
- Dating and remarriage
- Helping your child thrive in a single parent home
More Product Information
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
- ISBN: 1414303351
- ISBN-13: 9781414303352
- UPC: 9781414303352
- SKU: 1414303351
- Release Date: November 1, 2006
- Pages: 274
- Language: English
- Binding: Paperback
- Height: 0.64 inches
- Width: 5.56 inches
- Length: 8.22 inches
- Weight: 0.71 pounds
About the Author
Dr. Kevin Leman has made house calls for Focus on the Family as well as numerous radio and television programs including Oprah, Live with Regis Philbin, The Early Show (CBS), Today (NBC), The 700 Club and The View. Dr. Leman has served as a consulting family psychologist to Good Morning America.
Dr. Leman is the co-founder of realFAMILIES.com--the television show. He is also the founder and president of Couples of Promise, an organization designed and committed to help couples remain happily married.
Dr. Leman’s 21 titles including the following bestsellers:
- The New Birth Order Book
- Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
- Bringing Up Kids without Tearing Them Down
- Sex Begins in the Kitchen
- The Six Stress Points in a Woman’s Life
- Keeping Your Family Together When the World Is Falling Apart
- Women Who Try Too Hard
- When Your Best Is Not Good Enough
- Becoming the Parent God Wants You to Be
- Becoming a Couple of Promise
- What a Difference a Daddy Makes
Dr. Leman’s professional affiliations include The American Psychological Association, The American Federation of Radio and Television Artists, The National Register of Health Services Providers in Psychology, and the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology.
Dr. Leman attended North Park College. He received his Bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Arizona, where he later earned his Master’s and Doctorate degrees. Originally from Williamsville, New York, he and his wife, Sande, live in Tucson with their five children.